According to the American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, a pharmacist’s care resulted in reduced and avoided costs by “reducing drug expenditures, hospital admissions, length of hospital stay, and emergency department visits.”
What is Medication Therapy Management (MTM)?
- A face-to-face consultation with a specially trained Pharmacist, initiated by a change in medication, non-adherence, or ineffective medication therapy
- Pharmacist reconciles medications to both physician order and diagnosis
- A medication review of prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications
- Continuous medication monitoring by the Pharmacist, always checking for indication, effectiveness, and safety
- Client education to ensure medications are taken properly
- Pharmacist communication and follow-up with the physician
Woodlyn Heights Senior Living has partnered with Recover Health to provide those that leave our community and go back to their home with Medication Therapy Management (MTM). What makes this program unique is its client centered, face-to-face approach. While most MTM programs are delivered via telephone or simply a chart review, our Pharmacist provides face-to-face MTM services in the client’s home environment. By engaging face-to-face, the Pharmacist will provide a more comprehensive service resulting in improved clinical outcomes for the client. When MTM is done in combination with our healthcare partners, we provide truly integrated healthcare.